Wednesday, September 27, 2006

An Odd Dream

Last night, I had the strangest dream. (No, I'm not gunna sing "Chicaboom")
My brother was fishing from a boat, and I was a fish swimming down below. I could see him from under the water as he casted, and I could plainly see his lure skipping and popping along the water's surface. I watched as he caught one fish after another, held them up, and then released them. One time, he casted just beyond me and the bait was strangely irresistable to me. So as it passed, I grabbed it. (Now I know what a fish feels like!) I put up a good fight, but he eventually got me into the boat, held me up, then set me gently in the live well. I couldn't help thinking to myself, "Wow. I guess I really AM my brother's keeper!"

Hahaha! Okay, that wasn't really my dream, but it was good for a groan, wasn't it? My real dream didn't involve fish at all.
I went to bed at about 10:30, and dreamed that I was to be executed. For what I don't know, I must have already been convicted before the dream started. But I awoke at 11:30 after what seemed like all night of dreaming. I was really depressed as you might guess. I fell back to sleep and continued where I had left off. As only a dream would have it, I had been sentenced to death, but I was released on my own recognizance. I felt bound to report at the set time to have my sentence carried out, although a couple times I wondered what would happen if I didn't show. Throughout the whole dream I was dragging myself around, zombie-like, unspeakably depressed at the thought of my life ending. Sometimes I'll have a dream where I wake up thankful to God for the way I looked to Him for help even in my dream, but in this particular dream, God never crossed my mind. Maybe that's where all the depression came from. Anyway, I woke up again at 3:00 and went to the bathroom, thinking that might snap me out of it. But I went right back into it when I fell back to sleep. My mom was in my brother's backyard putting up tarps and umbrella-covered tables to get ready for my going away party. I was like, "Mom, this really isn't something I want to celebrate ok? I'm about to be executed!" But she just kept on setting up. I finally began to accept it, and was planning who I should leave my computer to, and who should get this or that. I finally woke at 6:00 and (thankfully) it was time to get ready for work. Yuck, but I was glad.

I heard somewhere that dreams only last a moment or two, but the way that I kept waking up all night still dreaming it makes that hard to believe. I like to analyze my dreams to try and figure out what they mean. This one, I'm sure, came from watching "The Green Mile" on TV the other night. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's worth every minute unless you dream about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home