Sunday, July 23, 2006

Blogiversary

It's been one year, or 1.6 metric years, since my first post! (Did someone say "Woo-Hoo!"?) I think now that I'm an experienced blogger, I might impart wisdom to those who thirst for it.

In a nutshell, the secret of my obscurity is carefully choosing only topics that nobody else cares about. In this way, I can write whatever I want and even if someone finds my blog, and even if they disagree with me, they probably don't care enough about the topic to even bother leaving a comment. It's this "Four Layers Of Protection" concept (I call it "FLOP" for short) that helps keep my comment count so low. Working this simple idea into your own blog should leave you plenty of time for other things, since you won't always be tied up in the comment section of your blog!

I'd tally up my
posts and number of comments if I thought anyone would read it, but I think I'll go watch some TV instead. I deserve it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

You flop.

It's 1.6824534 metric years.

Not that I care...

:-)

July 23, 2006 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversay, derifter! Just so you'll know, I've enjoyed reading your FLOP all year.

Quick question: you gearing up for football season yet? How about the Vikings this year, man? Let me know!

July 26, 2006 1:29 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Kerux,
Thanks for the correction, you always got my back don't you.

Josh,
Thanks, it's been my pleasure.
Yes, I'm so ready for the NFL after no real sports since the Super Bowl. (I bet you forgot about the Super Bowl didn't ya? Shhha, right!)

The Vikes should be a force to reckon with this year, with a new coach, ultra-tough offensive line, and even some (dare I say it?) defense! Look for them in the post-season for sure. Maybe even the NFC championship. On your side, it'll be interesting to see if your Steelers can shake the Colts again. And whether Ben wears a helmet or not :)

July 26, 2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home