Monday, May 29, 2006

A Cloak Of Invisibility

MSNBC reports that researchers are getting closer to the development of technologies that would make objects appear to disappear, to radar and/or human eyes. That's amazing. But the point I'd like to make in this post is that the object is still there.

Let me be the first (?) to point out that that's not what God does to our sin.

"The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.

He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

He does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;

As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us."
(Psalm 102:8-12)


It's often said that as believers, "When God looks at me, He sees Jesus."
I disagree. When God looks at me, He sees me. The forgiven, clean, new me re-created by Him, ready for Heaven. The blood of Jesus doesn't just hide our sins, it removes them, leaving us visible to God through and through, with nothing to hide.
What a God!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home