Sunday, September 13, 2009

You Lie

Everybody needs to back off of South Carolina Rep. Joe "You Lie" Wilson. Was it okay for him to yell, "You Lie!" at the president in response to Obama's comments on health care and illegal immigrants? No.
Did he apologize and admit his outburst was inappropriate? Yes. Was his apology accepted? Yes. Do I hate it when people ask a question and then answer their own question? Of course I do. Everybody does.

But why do the Dems want to drag Wilson through the mud and spank him after he's already admitted his actions were out of line? Beatings and dead horses come to mind. I think they're desperate for anything that will take the focus off the president's zany ideas, at this point.

By the way, I read that when the president spoke here in Minneapolis yesterday, the heat and lights got to him, and someone got him a folding chair. Maybe they should have gotten him a cot instead, so he could, you know, "lie."

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh Crain said...

I've noticed that the posts around here have gone considerably more political since the election.

Which of course makes you a racist. :)

September 15, 2009 10:12 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

You probably mean, "bassist", but I haven't played the bass in years. In fact, I never did, so that doesn't even make sense. Josh, are you on drugs again?

To help calm you down, I hereby impose on this blog an immediate and irrevocable 24-hour moratorium on political posts. Feeling better?

September 15, 2009 6:11 PM  
Blogger Josh Crain said...

I feel SO much better!

And I was almost excited when I thought you had once played bass guitar.

And then I wasn't.

September 15, 2009 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home