Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bird Flu

Today at work I learned that my boss has ordered 1000 of those masks you've seen people wearing in China and around the far east. He's planning to pass them out next week to us employees in two sizes, so that our kids can wear them too. His thinking is that if the Bird Flu makes it here there will be a run on the masks and you won't be able to find them. While I'm thankful for his concern, I just don't see myself wearing a mask around town. (Insert joke here.)

I'm not planning to go out
looking for the virus, but I'm not going to live in a bubble either. I figure life is to be lived, and I don't plan on spending the rest of my days trying not to die. That'll happen soon enough due to cancer, a heart attack, a stroke, a car accident, or whatever. I think freaking out about dying would suck the life right out of living. It's funny though, how hearing about the Bird Flu in Asia and Europe seems like just another story on the news, but my boss ordering masks brings it right home. On a lighter note, can you imagine what a bird with the flu could do to your just-washed car? Now THAT'S scary!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julian Freeman said...

lol... it would sure increase revenues for car washes all across North America, that's for sure!

Well this is one time when we Torontonians are way ahead of you Yanks. We've still got tons of those funny masks left over from SARS.

I knew SARS would be good for something someday...

March 17, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

"I knew SARS would be good for something someday..."

That's pretty funny!

March 17, 2006 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home