Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mondays Suck

I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow. I know I should be thankful to have a job because there are people who don't have a job and all that, but Mondays still suck. One thing that always cheers me up though, is when I hear a Liberal whining about "Do it for the children...FOR THE CHILDREN!!!" Usually what that means is that whatever they want will raise my taxes and has nothing whatsoever to do with the children (because you know how conservatives hate children), but how can you pass up the "children" trump card? You guys crack me up!

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

DErifter,

I have no idea what you are talking about in this post, other than you don't like Mondays!

So, I am praying the Lord gives you a surprisingly wondeful day today! All to His glory!!

Your Canadian Pal

February 27, 2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Ahh, you Canadians!

More specifically, Ahh, you Canadian preachers from Toronto who have Monday as their day off! Substitute the word "Tuesdays" for "Mondays" and you might get a feel for what I'm saying. You're pretty much right about my not liking Mondays, as they signify an entire work week ahead of me. This week in particular because I have to fill in for a guy who's on vacation. So I was doubly dreading the thought of it. But your prayer must've been heard because it went pretty well (Thanks!)

Maybe you won't get a feel for what I'm saying, because you love your work. If I'd look at my day as ministry rather than work, I'm sure I'd be more optimistic about it. (Note to self...)

The rest of the post is a mixture of sarcasm and frustration. The liberals down here, whenever their cause is unpopular, seem to shamelessly use "the children" as the justification of it. As though we conservatives never think of the children, only ourselves.

Mostly, this was a rant, worthy to be ignored by most readers. But I feel a little better for having written it.

February 27, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

As long as you feel better, derifter, I feel better, too!
And here it is Tuesday, as well!
If only my children didn't have to go to school... then I could take another day off!

February 28, 2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home