Monday, December 31, 2007

Juno

My previous post about surrogate motherhood brought to mind the movie Juno, which we saw Friday night. In it, a 16-year old girl (Juno) gets pregnant and has a lot of tough choices to make. Abortion? Adoption? Get married? Raise the child herself? How to tell her parents? Among others. As she struggles to make the best choices (and granted, at least one of those is water under the bridge at this point) Juno goes about it in a pretty light-hearted and sharp-witted way that makes it hard not to like her. Plus there's a pretty cool mix of music to go along with it. All in all, my wife would say it was "really good!" (she wants to by it) but I can't go that far. I'll say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

This is derifter (not Les Nessman) saying so long, and may the good news be yours.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

January 01, 2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Yeah. Uh, thanks for the kind words or whatever.

January 01, 2008 1:31 AM  
Blogger Josh Crain said...

Hahaha. I love spammers.

Okay, so seriously, is this movie worth checking out? I'm having a hard time deciding between Juno and No Country For Old Men tomorrow night. Assuming the wife would rather see Juno (haven't asked yet, but I'm pretty sure that's a safe assumption), is it good enough to merit me missing out on a supposedly great film?

January 03, 2008 4:56 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Spam is a refreshing break from the flood of legitimate comments I have to deal with every day.

Okay. YOU would rather see NCFOM, but Em would rather see Juno. You'll enjoy Juno more than she'd enjoy NCFOM. I'll let you do the marriage math. (Hint: Happy wife = happy husband).
Haha. No, it really wasn't that bad of a movie. I've seen worse (The Devourer, Bug, and any movie featuring talking animals, for example.)

But speaking of No Country For Old Men, I was thinking that movie would be a great way for Momma to pay back the debt she owes me for going to see Juno. She knew going into it that there would be a debt to pay. Maybe "The Orphanage" would be good, too!

Let me know what you thought of Juno.

January 03, 2008 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home