Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ad-Aware 2007

With the retirement of Ad-Aware SE Personal (Free version), I downloaded the new Ad-Aware 2007 freeware. It's more bloated than the SE version and it takes about four times longer to scan than SE, but hey- it works and it's free!
Today, after getting the latest update, I got a pop-up out of my task bar letting me know that I could get the paid version of Ad-Aware 2007 for free, just by buying flowers for my valentine. And even after clicking on the red "X", the pop-up wouldn't go away until I finally closed the app. Hmmmm....
An annoying pop-up ad offering to give me a free gift and all I have to do is buy something first.

Ya know, it was the "free" version, but come on: It's an application whose sole purpose in life is to find and remove adware from computers. And it's serving up ads. At least it was, until I uninstalled it about ten seconds later. Just on principle. Hmmph.
You can download the new version of Spybot Search and Destroy for free here.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh Crain said...

Buy. A. Mac.

February 16, 2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Dude, I checked my e-mail this morning and there was the blogger notification that I had a new comment on this post. The instant I saw that it was from you I heard a voice in my head saying something along the lines of, "Apple".
I only read your comment as a formality.

February 16, 2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger Josh Crain said...

Well, I appreciate you taking the time to at least check out the verbage I chose to relay the message to you.

In all seriousness, though, crap like that is exactly the type of stuff that lead me to check out Macs in the first place. As you well know, I haven't looked back since.

February 18, 2008 10:00 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

You should change your name to Apple MacCrain.

February 18, 2008 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home