Monday, November 10, 2008

It's A What?

Sometimes when I get to talking politics at work, I wish I would have left it alone. But sometimes, like today, it has its rewards.
I was talking with Stephen about president-elect Obama's tax increase on the wealthy (which, for these purposes anyway, I am not). Stephen's argument was that it is not a tax increase, since Obama is only restoring the top rates to where they were before president Bush's tax cuts took effect. Calling it a tax increase? That's your right-wing propaganda, there.

I asked, "So if my taxes are more next year than they were this year, that's not a tax increase?" He said, "No - It's a tax decrease revocation!

When my laughter slowed to where I could speak again, I said "There's your left-wing propaganda right there." Even he had to laugh at himself then.

I love the smell of victory in the morning. It smells like.... Victory!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Josh Crain said...

*Realizes this is a dangerous topic to comment on, and slowly leaves to go comment on zombies...

November 11, 2008 4:15 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

That's odd, usually dangerous topics to comment on make commenting irresistible for you.

November 11, 2008 5:37 PM  
Blogger Josh Crain said...

Haha. Fair enough. I think I've just had way too much of the incessant fighting among evangelicals about politics. I'm for having a little peace in this area for now.

November 14, 2008 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home