Monday, November 30, 2009

I Apologize To The New Orleans Saints

I, Derifter, apologize to the New Orleans Saints and also to their fans, for knocking the Saints all week leading up to their Monday night game against the New England Patriots. Until tonight, I had been saying that the Saints would find out what happens when they play a good team. Sure, they beat the Eagles and the Giants, but who are those teams, really? I was sure the "Ain'ts" were going down tonight.

But boy did they prove me wrong. They tore the Patriots apart! How embarrassing for New England! 38-17 and it wasn't even THAT close. They absolutely trounced the Pats.

So even though I'm a Vikings fan who would have loved to see the Saints lose bad, I write this post in gold on black in honor of, and to tip my hat to, the Saints and their fans. Well done.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Josh Crain said...

Well said, good sir. They certainly trounced them and it looks as though they're legitimate.

I haven't counted the Vikings out, though. They look pretty great right now.

The Steelers on the other hand...sob. It's been a tough 3 weeks. We'll see how they respond.

December 01, 2009 2:15 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

I've already shed several tears on your behalf, man.

December 01, 2009 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Seth Anderson said...

Watching them play the 'Skins, don't be too hard on yourself.

December 06, 2009 3:12 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Seth,
I know! I almost came on to post a retraction, but nah. They earned that apology last week. And could the Redskins have possibly declined any more chances to win?

Josh,
The Raiders? The Raiders? I still weep for you, but not inconsolably. Remember, My team is 10-and-Pittsburgh.

December 06, 2009 7:10 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

10-Pittsburgh-and-Arizona.
:(

December 06, 2009 11:04 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Josh,
The Browns? The Browns?
The horror.

December 10, 2009 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home