Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Retirement, Come To Me!

I want to be retired. Not tired, I'm that already. It's been a hot summer and we've been working longer hours. I mean retired as in I don't have to go to work. When I was a teenager, I hoped that I would die before I turned fifty, because I didn't want to end up some old coot sitting in a rocking chair all day doing nothing. That's what I thought people did when they turned fifty. I wish it was. That rocking chair is sounding pretty good these days. Now that my wife has a laptop, we could sit out on the porch (we don't have a porch but that's how I picture retired people: In a rocking chair on the porch) and hand it back and forth so we can check our e-mail and blog till the cows come home. We don't have any cows, either.

Don't get me wrong- I'm glad I can contribute to society and be a productive citizen and everything but man, I sure enjoy those days off. That would leave a lot more time for fishing. They say money can't buy you happiness, but I think you can retire earlier if you have more money, and I think that would make me happy. As they say, "If" is the middle word in life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get time for fishing let me know.....
I know someone who has a pretty cool fishing boat.
We can cover up your graph so you can give the fish a chance!
I basically use the graph to see the depth while trolling, but it's fun to see where the fish are hangin out so you don't waste your precious time NOT catching fish. ;)
Love,
Your IBTTBS

August 10, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Ha Ha.You could probably accomplish the same thing just by fishing where I'm not. That's where the fish usually are!

August 10, 2005 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home