Friday, September 16, 2005

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

My wife and me went to see the movie, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" tonight, and I thought it was okay. She liked it more than I did. It's based on the true story of the exorcism of Anneliese Michel, a young German girl whose experience took place in the late 1960's to mid-1970's. (If you want to read more about that, click here.)

As far as the movie itself, I thought it was interesting and thought-provoking, though personally I don't believe that Christians can be possessed by demons, as they are already possessed by God. I think Christians can be "pestered" by demons, but not possessed, as in "indwelt" which is what is depicted both in the movie and the story it's based on.

Much of the movie involves the court case in which the priest who performed the exorcism is tried on charges of neligent homicide. Drama and some action, think "The Exorcist" lite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home