Monday, July 02, 2007

Two-Part Plan For Fishing

This coming Thursday, Part One of my plan is to get out fishing and spend some time relaxing on the water with my dad, my brother, hopefully our boys, and probably my brand-new brother-in-law, Dean. Part Two of my plan is to catch more and bigger fish than Dean does. See, I like to catch largemouth bass and northerns, maybe a muskie now and then, and I like to give the fish a sporting chance. No electronics, that is. Artificial bait. Texas Tea. All right forget Texas Tea. Who knows where that came from. Texas probably.

But Dean is one of these guys that I think will go after anything with fins, and use everything short of dynamite to catch it. I'll concede that he probably does catch more fish than I do, and if you ask him, he'll say that makes him the better fisherman. I say he's the better fisherman the way Barry Bonds is [will be] a better home-run hitter than Hank Aaron. There's always gunna be that asterisk.

Bonds*
Dean*

Does that even count?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh Crain said...

Well that's probably the best use of an asterisk that I've ever seen I'm a blog post.

Thursday has long since passed, though, Derifter. What's the verdict? Were you able to beat Dean without using strength enhancing dru...er...cheap electronic methods?

July 09, 2007 1:33 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

The fishing plans fell apart, because my brother and his family, and my boy were out of town, and Dean couldn't get off work, so it was just me and Dad. You don't hear me complaining. Still, I can honestly say that since Dean was at work, I did succeed in catching both more and bigger fish than he did.

July 10, 2007 7:27 AM  
Blogger Josh Crain said...

Well, done, man. I knew you'd find a way!

Hey, do you ever go ice fishing? I've never tried it, but I had someone tell me how much they love it last year and it raised my curiosity a bit.

July 11, 2007 4:55 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

Yeah, I love ice fishing. No boat needed. Come on up and experience the magic! But the wife says we should wait till winter.
~sigh~ Women.

July 11, 2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home