Thursday, December 15, 2005

Holiday Ads Update

After my previous post just about 10 days ago, I need to express my surprise that Sears has put up signs in their stores that read "Merry Christmas", and Target (who I wrote to about this topic) began running ads on TV and also in their stores titled "The Countdown To Christmas" with the TV commercials ending in a full-screen "Merry Christmas."

Wow. Even if they're just doing it for the money, I gotta say "Way to go, Sears and Target! That's all I was asking for was that you say the words."

By the way, although Target's response to my e-mail said nothing of the ad changes, I'm assuming this was already in the works. Otherwise God may have moved. Take your pick.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, buddy. Long time no blog. Anyway, just wanted to give you a quick reminder that my Steelers will be facing off against your Vikings this Sunday. Of course, I'll be back here after the game to either tell you how ashamed of them I am or to hoot and hollar because they whooped Minnesota.

I'm looking forward to the game: The Underachievers verses the Sex Scandles...haha. Have a great week, man.

-Josh

December 16, 2005 3:48 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

I'm sorry...Who are you again?

I'm just kidding. Yeah, it has been quite a long time. If the Steelers play like they did against the Colts (Forgive me, is "Colts" a 4-letter word?) then I think the new Vikings with a defense and special teams and QB who refuses to throw int's or fumble but still no offense, might have an outside shot at beating your Steelers in the Dome. Did I just say that? Eight weeks ago I would only have joked about it. It may still be wishful thinking but outside of my fantasy world there is only reality. Can you blame me for hoping?

December 17, 2005 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as promised I have returned. I'll be honest enough to say that I'm glad the Steelers won, but I'm also sad for you, derifter, because I know that this game hurts the Vikings chances of making the playoffs. That would've been a great comeback story (and still has a small chance of being one).

Anyway, good game today. I hope your doing well, and I wish you a very merry Christmas. I'll try and catch up with you later.

-Josh

December 18, 2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

I never really expected the Vikes to beat the Steelers. It would have been great, but I don't think they'd make it past the 1st round of the playoffs anyway. They've improved a lot, but they're still not "good". The Steelers still have to get by Indi to make the big game. San Diego did it, so you know it can be done, but it's a tall order!

December 19, 2005 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home