Monday, October 24, 2005

Minnesota Sends Green Bay Packing

Probably for no other reason than to burn me, the Vikings (who I had completely given up on) came back from a 17-0 hole to beat the Packers 23-20 on a 56-yard field goal with 2 seconds left in the game. I think they did it because I had been a Packers fan after deserting the Vikes a few years ago. Or maybe to deprive me of the joy of laughing at them while my backup team whooped their butts. At any rate, I owe them some credit this week. After looking absolutely HORRIBLE in the first half, they played downright "good" in the second half and I hate to admit it, but they impressed me. And no arrests this week!

Just to get my hopes up so next week's loss will hurt that much more.

1 Comments:

Blogger DErifter said...

Like they needed another thing for the whole country to laugh at them for. And for us fans who were wondering, "How could it get any worse?" the Vikings were like,"Baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet!"

October 25, 2005 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home