Sunday, July 15, 2007

Getting Caught Up

The long weekend of July 4 thru the 8th was nice. It was relaxing, and I started to remember what it's like to not be in a hurry. I wrote a couple weeks ago that life has been a little swamped recently. I had hoped that rush was coming to an end, and it may still be. I got the brakes in my truck, fixed the garage door,we got a new car for my wife and sold her old one. We were getting caught up at work, even worked some 8-hour days lately. But just when I could taste the slow-down, we got a couple of big jobs in at work (and of course they're hot). And the wife's new car quit on us this afternoon. It felt like we were headed back in the wrong direction. Besides that, I've been staying up later at night to watch TV or play on the computer because I refuse to let my life consist of work/shower/eat/sleep and repeat. The drawback of course, is that you're tired the next day. I started getting frazzled, but caught myself. I remembered how little it ever helps to flip out when things don't go your way.

I convinced myself that after one more busy week, things will be looking pretty good at work.
After about an hour out in the garage, I think all the car may need is a new battery. It doesn't look like the electrical meltdown that I originally thought it was. That'll take WAY less time than fixing her old car, so I'm ahead there. I'm glad that one's gone. I really-really hope that the new battery (which we'll be getting tomorrow after work) gets her car on the road again. Then I have high hopes that by this time next week I may be sane again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Crain said...

So what happened with the new battery? Tell me, man, the suspense is killing me!

July 18, 2007 6:51 AM  
Blogger DErifter said...

That was it. I think one of the posts was broken inside, so there was sometimes a connection, sometimes not. Freaky. Sixty easy dollars later the car works fine.

July 18, 2007 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home