Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My Funny Story

This story is NOT hilarious, so don't expect too much, but I do think it's funny.
A bit of background.
My wife had her gall bladder removed a few days ago, and for like a week prior to that, she had been on what amounted to a no-fat diet. That means a lot of bland food. She came out of the grocery store depressed because nothing she bought was anything she wanted to eat.
She's feeling better now, so tonight we went out to the Olive Garden to get some soup to bring home for dinner. The "to go" window at the Olive Garden is at the bar, so we went over and ordered our soup from the bartender. "One Zuppa Tuscana and one Minestrone soup to go". The bartender rang up our bill and handed me the receipt for like $9 or something (it comes with breadsticks and whatever.) As he was packing up our soup, I jokingly asked, "Can you put a tall Miller Lite in there too?" The bartender said, "No problem."

As I was recording the $9 in the checkbook, he gave me a receipt for the amount of $13.95, and I looked at my wife like "huh?" She pointed to the bartender, who was pouring me a tall Miller Lite. So there we sat with our bag of soup to go, while I sipped the Miller Lite I really didn't want. That'll teach me to be a wise guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

What's really funny about this, derifter, is that you had to drink American beer!

October 27, 2005 9:48 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

kerux,
You should SEE the beer down here in America- It's all thawed owt, eh? So when you "crack open a beer" you don't really have to "crack" it open like they doeux up north of the border!

Thanks for dropping by.

October 27, 2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

derifter,
you make me laugh out lOUd.
kerux

October 28, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger DErifter said...

I hear that a lot right after people see my picture for the first time.

October 28, 2005 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home